Sunday, August 23, 2009

How Did I Think of MingleEasy


The comment that is most frequently heard about the Mingle Easy plates is; “Oh my gosh, this is incredible. What a great idea. I wish I would have thought of this!” Then the excitement usually tempers to curiosity, “How did you think of this?” and it’s a story I get a kick out of telling.

It was a case of “necessity being the mother of intervention.” Three years ago I went in with three other guys that I played football with at San Jose State and we rented one of the suites at the stadium for the home games. At the first game of the season we were at the tailgate party and of course all day long I found myself with a drink in one hand and food in the other. I was running into guys I had not seen in 20+ years (literally). And because our hands were full we were chest bumping to say hi. Then for three hours during the game we were chest bumping because our hands were still full. I woke up the next morning and my chest was killing me. I said, “Hey, I’m too old for this.” So it was then that I decided to invent Mingle Easy.

Everyone who has ever been to a gathering has experienced the social discomfort of juggling their drink to eat and shake hands. So I’m happy to be the one that eliminated one of life’s problems.

Years ago I said I wanted to create something that would sell to millions of people that is inexpensive. We’ve done it. We have a great idea. It’s practical, very effective, and convenient and it’s less than $10 for a dozen reusable plates.

Cheers and bon appétit,

Jim Vernes

No comments:

Post a Comment